Life out on the Farm

Life on the family farm near a small town, remodeling an old farmhouse and enjoying rural life, except for the dust!

Name:

Married with 2 kids, live in the midwest.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hello World!

Well, I finally did it and decided to blog. I may yet regret it, or yet find I don't have the time to keep it up, but at least I finally decided to give it a try.

We had some very heavy rain today. We (well mostly my husband, our son & my dad) have been in the process of remodeling the farm house and found a new place that needs work, as we had 2 areas dripping slightly this morning. What a pain. It's always something. On another note, our daughter who has just lost both of her top front teeth, it was so cute to see her toothless grin as she came to tell me about the leak, giggling. Even though I was not happy to hear the message! Seeing her smile made me grin.

We have 17 ewes and 25 lambs here, my uncle ran out of pasture and we had some empty, so we loaned him the space for the sheep. They are so cute and do a wonderful job of eating the weeds with the grass. We also have 3 dogs, many cats (mainly in the barn, although Rascal has made his way into the house) and my son has rabbits for 4H. He has raised 2 bottle calves, which was a fun experience. I hope our daughter wants to do them too! I am hoping to find a gentle well-broke pony for her and a smaller 14.5-15 hand horse well broke for myself. I grew up with ponies and horses and miss it. My parents still have them, plus they have mules and donkeys. So at least we can go there to enjoy time with the horses (besides spending time with Grammy & Grampy!).

Our son is in 4H and is trying to decide on his woodworking project. Last year he made his little sister a dollhouse bookcase, which turned out so cute. She uses it for her Barbie dolls now. He is thinking about a bookcase or shelving system for his bedroom.

Graduation is approaching. My sisters-in-law and I always make a scrapbook for the nieces and nephews as they graduate, lately we have been using the alphabet and finding words that describe or relate to each particular senior's activities. This year for Jen, I have Birthdays, Friends, Giggling Girls, Traditions, Zzzz (sleeping photos over the years!). I have to get working on it, if I am going to make the deadline!

Well, time to quit for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting the blog, Missy!!! It's exciting to be the first to comment to you! :) I'll look forward to feeling more "in touch" with you guys in Iowa by reading about things when/if you have the time to blog. Love, Katrina :)

10 May, 2006 00:03  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh! Katrina's beat me to the punch. I'm also happy to have a window into Midwest Livin'-thanks! Am I allowed to link to your blog from mine? Or are you keeping it secret?! (FYI, when I'm home, I can show you how to put a tracker on so you can see where people come from who visit your blog!) See you in less than two weeks!
Love, Ghana Stray

10 May, 2006 03:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home