Life out on the Farm

Life on the family farm near a small town, remodeling an old farmhouse and enjoying rural life, except for the dust!

Name:

Married with 2 kids, live in the midwest.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Princess and her "night/knight"

Tonight we watched my son's concert. They did a nice job and had fun. Jill - they did an African song, thought of you during the concert! The last song was "I'm a Believer", they had one of his classmates playing bass guitar, one playing the piano and another doing a vocal solo part, I was impressed - it sounded great. My daughter directed them from our seats in the audience...luckily her brother never noticed due to the darkness in the crowd! (He would have been furious & embarrassed) She thought she did a wonderful job though and it did keep her out of trouble! She told her brother how handsome he looked as we left the house, which set his smile wide.

I hope this Thursday and Friday are more sedate than last week! Last Thursday evening the princess climbed into the haymow to play with her cats...(not allowed to do this, but snuck up there!). Our son was shooting hoops and I was giving the dogs some attention, when I called for her to go inside, no answer. My son thought she was in the bunny barn, so when I went to check there, she comes limping out. I asked what happened to her leg and she said "I don't know, I bent over to pick up Rascal and it just started hurting for no reason". I, of course, believed that so much and said try again! She finally fessed up that she had been up in the haymow and fell coming down the ladder steps. I was so mad thinking that she might have hurt herself terribly, yet was so happy that she was OK! She spent some time in a time out mode for that adventure.
(FYI-her leg is OK)

Friday night we went to our niece Sarah's (30th) birthday party. It was a fun evening. The princess danced with a little neighbor boy, they twirled around all evening! When we went to leave, he pulled the princess into a corner to "talk" and hugged & kissed her...I pulled her out of that corner in a hurry! My sisters-in-law all laughed and said - "Oh it's another generation of girls in our family chasing the Z. boys!" Of course they can all laugh, as their kids are all grown. I think I will be bald by the time the princess is 16!

Nephew Luke (& Michelle & Theresa) bought the princess a shirt last week, says "Kiss my Tiara". Somehow slightly fitting...she is a good girl, just full of life ( & a little mischief)! Even though she is younger by quite a bit, she tries to tell her brother what to do, how to do it & even what to wear. Of course this causes a fight usually, however he does admit that she does have a good eye for outfits already!

The princess starts tee ball in a week approx. She is so excited. We've been playing catch, getting ready for it. Our son has a couple of track meets left, most parents seem to hate the meets, but for the most part, I don't really mind them. It is nice to get outside and not feel guilty for not doing housework or yardwork! Plus it's a social time, plenty of time to chat with other parents between events.

I better get some clothes folded and off to bed. Morning comes early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home