Life out on the Farm

Life on the family farm near a small town, remodeling an old farmhouse and enjoying rural life, except for the dust!

Name:

Married with 2 kids, live in the midwest.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stinky Hotel Room

We had a mini vacation for 3 days as Pat had a work meeting to go to and the kids & I rode along to relax, swim & spend time with another family that was going also. Unfortunately, our hotel room was a smoking room - the only ones available by the time his group booked their rooms. I tried air fresheners, room deodorizers, etc - nothing worked. It stunk. I ended up with a sore throat and I am not sure if it was from the smoke smell or the fresheners! Either way - it was because of the smoke. When we opened the door to the room - it hit you in the face. I hate it. I wanted to leave and wondered why I had agreed to this...I won't again. The kids and I will stay home. Other than the room, it was OK. Nothing great to see though, was a smaller town, I tried exploring, however the prince in his teen style - wanted nothing to do with that. Maybe I will leave him home with Grampy & Grammy next time...
We had a thunderstorm this afternoon. Quite a bit of rain.
Today I just did laundry and was lazy. I lost my voice. The kids like it - except when they yell to ask a question from another room and can't hear the answer!
Work will be busy this week, have to do the year ending inventory counts, etc. Plus playing catch up for being gone 2 days.
The prince is starting on his woodworking project for the fair. I can't wait to see it finished. Should be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home